FAQ & RULES
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
CONVENTION & FANMEETS
Yes, tickets will be available on the tickets page of each artist and convention. VISA, MasterCard and Visa Debit are accepted.
No, all of our tickets are completed online and e-tickets will be sent to the registered email. Credit cards may be used to purchase on Eventbee.
Tickets are non-refundable. If you experience ticketing issues, please email email@example.com to resolve it.
Our processor generally handles all Visa MasterCard and Visa Debit cards. Regular debit cards won’t work.
Tickets will range from $60-350. They will vary depending on the artist.
Friday 5pm – early registration
Saturday & Sunday 10am-10pm
Once you have registered and received your wristband, you are welcome to come and go as you like. Please remember to hold onto your printed ticket or have the ticket downloaded on your phone. It will be checked again when entering the theatre.
VIP Membership cardholders have access to presale and generally can pick their seats before the general public.
Seperate fanmeetings is more of our vision of a Kpop Convention.
Your chances of sitting together will be better if one person purchases the tickets for the whole group. You may purchase up to four tickets (VIP Membership and Non-Membership) during presales.
There is no general admission at Toronto Kpop Con for the Fan-Meetings with A.C.E and Amber, those tickets are reserved seating.
Please use #TKC18 !
Fan engagements are provided by the entertainment companies. It can range from photo op, hi touch, meet & greet, fan sign, Q&A, or pre-signed posters/items.
We will have many guests ranging from YouTubers, dance teams, singers rappers and more!
Convention day pass is only included with Saturday and Sunday show tickets. There is access to our Exhibitor’s Hall, Panels, Games, Meet & Greet or Q&A with YouTubers.performers.
General Volunteer call has ended, make sure to sign up next year!
Volunteers for Toronto Kpop Con are not allowed backstage.
Please use TKC or Kpop Con 🙂
The convention will have a plethora of vendors, panels, dance workshops, games, and guests.
Yes, you can purchase weekend convention entry or day passes. We shall release TKC18 schedule displaying all activities to be shortly before the event.
Tickets for A.C.E come with a Saturday convention day pass (value $40), tickets for AMBER will include a Saturday & Sunday day pass (value $80).
PGTWVIP members receive a free weekend pass and discounts on tickets, check out http://www.kpopcanada.com/memberships
All shows at Toronto Kpop Con are fanmeets unless otherwise specified. We announce prices and fan engagement tiers usually with artist announcement or the day after.
The fanmeets at Toronto Kpop Con are structured by seats. Fan perks are assigned to seats and you purchase the seat with the fan perk that you want.
No, however our Canada Dream Stage is a giant collaboration event this year that you shouldn’t miss!
The fan perk included with the seat is displayed when you are choosing your ticket.
Fan engagement events are assigned to seats and will not be sold separately.
Gifts can be dropped off to the PGTW fan booth prior to the show at the theater entrance. Please no giving of gifts during hi-touch or photo-sessions, or tossing things up on stage during the show.
At Toronto Kpop Con, all the fanmeets are with reserved seating unless otherwise specified. The Canada Dream Stage is GA, with early entry for VIP.
- Please be patient, follow the instructions of our staff who will direct you where to go during the fan engagement / fan events.
- Stay in your seat and do not rush to the stage. This will not be a GA event.
- Please be respectful of others in your immediate area.
- DSLRs and oversized fansigns will not be allowed.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the theatre area, you may bring an empty water bottle and fill it inside.
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMMODATION
We do not endorse any specific hotels, but a 3-4 star anywhere within 20 minutes walking distance of the convention (255 Front St W) will do you fine.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is located on Front St. and is close to all hotels in the downtown Toronto area.
You can purchase from Greyhound or Megabus. The Toronto Coach Terminal (610 Bay St.) is located a 15 minute walk from Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building.
If you are travelling by VIA Rail, the VIA Rail station (Union Station) is located a 5 minute walk along Front St. from Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building.
If you are arriving at Pearson International Airport (YYZ), you can take the TTC or Union-Pearson Express. The UP Express takes 20 minutes travel time from Pearson International to Union Station on Front St. It will be a 5 minute walk along Front St. from Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building.
Your VIP Membership cardholder friend may purchase a Non-Membership priced ticket for you during presales.
VIP Memberships are not transferable.
VIP Member-only tickets are only transferable if you pay the difference between the Regular priced and VIP Member-priced tickets at the door.
The VIP Membership cardholder must be present to register with VIP Membership-priced tickets. Non-Membership or Regular tickets do not require a chaperon.
Yes, all VIP Membership cardholders receive a discounted price on all show tickets purchased at Toronto Kpop Con.
FAN MEETINGS & JOHN BASSETT THEATRE
- Security will check all bags and persons upon entry to the theatre.
- No food or drink in the theatre. We collected and threw out 100’s of water bottles at TKC15.
- You can enter and exit the theatre with proper wristband. No entry/exit will be allowed during the fan events (hi-touch/photo op).
- Don’t line-up hours before the fan-meetings, come when the doors open. All seats are reserved, coming earlier will cause congestion in the hallways.
- No banners unless approved by the agencies. Approved banners will be distributed at the PGTW/ARTIST booth at registration 2 hours before each show.
- Gifts and letters to artists are approved by agencies, but must be dropped off at the PGTW booth prior to the event.
- Fans may NOT personally give any gifts to the artist at any time during or after the show. Also, it is asked that fans do not throw or place gifts, and other objects on the stage as it can become dangerous for the artist to perform.
- Photos or videos using your phone is still pending approval by the agencies. We will have official photos posted after the show, don’t worry. Focus your attention on the performers, they would love that way more than seeing half the audience taking cell phone videos. Security will be enforcing the rules onsite during the show.
- No DSLRs, cameras, tablets, GoPros, neck-cams, handycams, point and shoots or any recording devices are allowed in the theatre. You will be able to leave your belongings at the coat check for $3. If you are caught with the above devices in the theatre, they will be confiscated and you will have to pick it up after the show.
During Hi-Touch & Photo op
- NO Photos or videos. The official photographers will take the pictures of the photo-op and we will post it on our social media after they are uploaded.
- NO giving gifts or letters, make sure to do that at the PGTW/ARTIST booth before the show starts (not after).
- Respect the artists and on-site staff to keep the interaction safe and fair.
CONVENTION (HALLS 103 & 104)
- You can exit and enter the convention building as often as you want, simply show your wristband to one of the security staff on your way back into one of the convention rooms.
- You can shoot photos and videos inside the convention, but remember not in the John Bassett Theatre.
- Your own packed snacks and non-alcoholic drinks (no glass bottles) are permitted in the building, please be mindful of waste and recycling. There are nearby food courts and restaurants that you can eat at. Toronto’s Chinatown district is 5 minutes away by taxi (or a 20 minute walk) with pretty much every type of restaurant imaginable, including lots of Korean food. The official Koreatown is about 12 minutes away by taxi (or 30 minutes by subway).